Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hostel cat visit

A black cat, just a bit bigger than clove, visited me again in the hostel garden. Last time it visited, it came for the sausage in the trash can, but this time it seemed it just came to explore and be petted. It is very friendly and lanky and wild-looking, but it let me pet it for a minute before jumping onto the hostel garden wall (at least ten feet, I think). I am thinking about trying to feed it and make it my cat. Maybe I should just hope my company is enough to entice it to return. I miss clove.

I mopped this morning , but no laundry. The hostel is fairly empty and only two people left this morning, neither of whom were staying on my floor. A Swedish guy from my hostel was pick pocket yesterday a few blocks from the hostel. Luckily, his flight left this morning, but he didn't have enough cash to take a cab to the airport so he sold me his Bulgaria guide book for ten leva (a cab ride to the air port). Now I have two guide books. Funny how it works out that way...

3 comments:

EvilPenguinShan said...

she misses you too. and so do i.

Becky said...

Twirl. I am very impressed by you. It sounds like you're having quite a productive time already...and you've found a cat! It's adorable to read the comments from the 'rents. I love your blog too. I guess we all should have known you'd be good at this traveling thing after what happened in Amsterdam. Wishing you a long continuation of the same good luck.

Love you!

Whinny said...

Did you take a picture of the cat?